Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mavericks 108 Blazers 106: Game 21 Review

Mavericks 108 Blazers 106

Headline: The Mavs get their best win of the season thanks to another brilliant Dirk fourth quarter and a Monta Ellis buzzer-beater.

Team Leaders
Mavs
Points: Nowitzki, 30
Rebounds: Blair, 8
Assists: Nowitzki, Calderon, 7
+-: Nowitzki, +16
Blazers
Points: Lillard, 32
Rebounds: Lopez, 14
Assists: Batum, 6
+-: Lillard, +2

Player of the Game
Dirk: 30 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 13-23 FG, 3-4 3PT

Unsung Hero
Bernard James: 5 points, 6 rebounds in 11 minutes

Play of the Game
Monta Ellis' game winning jumper at the buzzer after Damian Lillard's 3 tied the game with a 3 with 1.9 seconds to go.

Stat of the Game
Mavs outshoot Portland from the field .529% to .448%, and go from 8-16 on threes compared to the Blazers' 9-30. Portland had shot 17-23 from long distance in a blowout win over Utah Friday night.

Quote of Note
 "I was born for it. I’ve been taking that shot all my life. I love that time of the game, and I’ve hit a couple of game-winners in my career. At that point of the game, you always like to have that confidence to take that last shot, and I got it. I have the ability to make those shots. Coach gave me the ball and I knocked the shot down.” Monta Ellis

Next Up
The Mavericks (13-8) travel to Sacramento for their first matchup of the season with the Kings (5-13), Monday night at 9:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment