Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mavs Exit Interviews Highlghts

Dirk Nowitzki
“We’ll find a good way where I feel respected for what I did and where we still have enough money left for us to get great players in here. Cubes has been great to me, has been loyal to me for a long, long time. I’m sure we’re going to find a great solution for everybody.”

Shawn Marion
"This is a great city, the fans here are amazing, even media guys are awesome. It's a great environment here. Mark and Donnie have built an amazing franchise here. It's like a family here. I'm going to weigh my options out and see what it's going to take for me to get another championship ring. I would love to add to the ring I have. I'm going to retire here, regardless. I'm going to be a Dallas local here in the coming years. I'm going to make this my home."

Vince Carter
“I just had a nice conversation with Donnie (Nelson), just in passing. I think the feeling is mutual on both ends. That’s the goal, to work it out.”

Jose Calderon
"At the end of the day, we're right there, we're close. We were in a seventh game with maybe the best team in the NBA. You're always going to add a couple of pieces, but it's just believing in the system and believing in what you want to do. You keep the core together, usually every year it's going to get better."

Devin Harris
"My initial reaction is to come back. If everything goes like it's supposed to, I'll be back."

Samuel Dalembert
On playing with Dirk: "It's great. Before I even came here, I talked to Elton [Brand] and he told me that you're going to see how it really goes (with shooting). It's an honor, a privilege. Not just as player, the the type of guy he is. Usually guys like him, you can't talk to them. You can really relate to him, talk to him. He's always doing what is best for the team. It's an honor, and he's a class guy."

Rick Carlisle
“With a group of a lot of new guys, guys came together in relatively short order and we had a very positive run. You know, I thought the last month of the season was a lot of big games just to qualify for the playoffs and put ourselves in a position to compete hard in this series. And you know, the last game was disappointing, but I just love the way the team battled all year long. So, we’ll work to try to keep the team together the best that we can, and from there we’ll try to make the team better any other way that we see fit.”

Donnie Nelson
“Obviously, you know, Dirk’s not going anywhere. He’s built this franchise and he’s been with us since Day 1. Certainly, there’s a negotiation that’s going to take place, but he loves this city and he wants to call it his home. We certainly reciprocate those feelings, and our hope is that we’ll get something done that’s not only in Dirk’s best interest but also affects the flexibility of the future of the Mavericks.

No comments:

Post a Comment