Saturday, December 20, 2014

Rajon Rondo Press Conference Quotes


Some quotes from the introductory press conference of new Mavericks Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell

Rondo's opening statement
"Obviously I’m very excited to be here. Coming from a great situation in Boston, I’m very thankful for all the things they did for me and the fan base. But I’m ready to start a new chapter here with the Dallas Mavericks and I’m very excited to be here."

Rondo on his new team
"They’re obviously a championship-caliber team, the players they have on their roster, the style of play, the coach is a guy that doesn’t control much of the game – he lets the players make the plays. Everybody is on chemistry and intelligence from what I’ve seen and what I’ve played against."


Rondo on his defense
"It’s the dirty part of the game that (some) guys don’t take pride in. I take pride in defense. And a guy like Tyson Chandler behind me is going to make me look a lot better than I probably am."

Rondo on playing with Dirk
 "I'm excited to play with Dirk. He's still got a lot left in his tank, and he's -- if not the best power forward shooting big in the league. That makes my job a lot easier. Guys aren't going to be able to show as much. I know we had problems showing off of Dirk. He creates problems with himself offensively because of his shooting, his touch."

Powell on his game
"I think I'm athletic, I can shoot the ball. I take pride in my defense, try to guard multiple positions, rebound the ball. For the most part, just bring heart, bring effort. In the position I'm at right now, having been traded a couple of times and landing here, I'm really looking forward to the opportunity, but I also want to work as hard as I can to stay here and show my values, show my worth and contribute to this team."

No comments:

Post a Comment